Freshman Orientation.

This year I have decided that I want to be more involved in school and the activities going on at the university. So I found myself down in the Involvement Center at ISU. I didn't realize how serious I was about getting involved until I showed up there. I signed up and next think I knew I was in a training session for Freshman Orientation as a group leader. How the heck!?! I show up bright and early at ISU on the 21st of August and begin my life as a student leader. Can I just say that all the people I met there were freaking awesome. I really enjoyed they whole session. At first I was a little nervous because I didn't know what to expect and I knew absolutely NO ONE!! Not to worry, I just realized that I CAN make friends. ha ha

Monday morning rapidly approached and it is now time for the freshmen to show up. Things were going pretty grand when all the sudden Shane and Chess say "Hey I need some volunteers to go and walk around the building to find all the lost freshmen." Yeah I don't know exactly why I raised my hand but I did. I was positioned at the front door and basically harassing everyone that entered the doors to go upstairs around the corner and past the Ball Room to the Bangle Theather. Wow What a great usher. I am just going to say that I believe I changed peoples' lives that day....even though it is entirely not true, I like to think I have a positive effect of people (I don't even know if I should have used Affect of Effect there).

It is now time for us to get everyone up to Reed's Gym and have a golly good time. The assembly was fantastic and let's all get in our groups and take the scared freshmen around. YAY! I must say that I had a pretty good group. Everyone participated and was fun. There were a few people that stood out due to their most excellent attitudes and happiness.

K story time, After all the tours we, members of the Orientation staff, got to take students around and show them where all their classes were. I was the lucky guy that got the kid who was so paranoid that he was going to get lost and not be able to ever find his classes. How did I manage to get this kid? I do not know. After a lovely 45 minutes with this kid helping him find all his classes, he wanted to run through all his classes again and go to the rooms in the order he had them the next day! WHAT!! Yes he wanted me to make him a path from each class. Bless his heart, I did so much walking I am sure to be about 10 pounds lighter now, Thanks James.

Well enough rambling about nothing, Over and Out!!

Comments

  1. You were totally right with the Effect there. and also...lucky day for James! I would have told him to shove it and have an adventure the next day. haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Purest Mountain.

Your Kisses + Facial Hair.

PJ's