Good Deed Of The Year.

Awhile back I decided I was way too nice to people. Good deed here, good deed there. I was throwing them out like they were an every day thing. So needless to say, I have limited myself to one good deed a year.

Tonight I was playing some cards with a few buddies from work and a few newly made friends. The game party was going grand. After losing 8 solid rounds of Nerts, I had to call it quits, mainly becuase everyone one else I was playing with was done as well. We then proceeded to sneak into the neighbor's backyard and suran wrap their car. Yes, that is my good deed for the year.

No just kidding, although you might be able to consider it a good deed because I was sharing my talent with two girls that have never personally suran wrapped a person's car. So I tought them the way of the plastic wrap. Photos are available on Facebook if you are interested.

The present was wrapped, and it was time for me to go. On the way home, just before pulling in to my neighborhood, I see a little Hispanic girl, around the age of 5 or 6, walking, crying. I pulled over, but she walked away from my car. I am so glad that the Stranger Danger program is actually a success and not a major failure like the rest of school district 25. So I pulled away and went around the corner and parked. Good thing I keep the Non-emergency Dispatch number in my phone.

Dispatch..

Yes, I am driving down Cedar St. and there is a young girl just standing on the corner, crying.

Ok, where are you at?

I am now on the corner of Cedar St. and Hemlo..no Hubbar...ya Hubbard.

You sure Hubbard?

Ok, Cedar and Hemlock.

Is this girl alone?

Yes she is just standing on the corner, crying and yelling.

How old do you think she is?

Umm, Around 5 or 6.

Ok. What is your name and number?

Jacob Diller, 406-****.

Ok thank you Jacob. Stay there and I will send an officer there.

Yes, you guessed it right. I pretty much saved this little girls life. Ok maybe not, but I prevented a kidnapping from potentially happening. The officer took FOREVER to get to where we were at, but he showed up and took the little girl home. Gosh I am so proud of my good deed, that I think it should count for this year and NEXT year.

Jacob 1....Sexual Preditors....0.

And just kidding everyone, I do more than one good deed a year... I am not that heartless. I do two. ;)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Purest Mountain.

Your Kisses + Facial Hair.

PJ's