Clear Speech vs. Conversational Speech.

Let's talk about the weekend.

Friday:
Just a simple day of work. A lot of laughter, smiles and delicious food.

Saturday:
Wake up, have a major clean attack.
Spend the rest of my day at work. 10:30 AM-11:30 PM. Nice.
Go out dancing with a new friend! What a lovely night.

Sunday:
Work at American Eagle from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM, eh.
Made the mistake of laying down on "The Life Sucking Couch" and
passed out for 5 hours. Great, totally threw off my sleep schedule.
Well wake up, decide to bake some cookies, just for fun. Then John says,
"Hey come see me at work." Okay, I have nothing to do. Jump in my car
and drive clear to Chubbuck to get some Xing Tea. Say hi to John and on my
way home, I think, "Hey, I am already clear out here, Imma check out the
ice hockey registration schedule." So I keep driving towards Fort Hall...to the
ice hockey rinks...on the edge of Chubbuck. I grab my bag with my laptop in
it so I can steal some WiFi. I walk up to the door, check the posted schedule
use to internet and head back to my car. I get there, pat all my pockets,
no keys. Check my bag, no keys. Go back to the door rink doors, no keys.
I locked my keys in my car. A normal person would call the individual that
holds their spare key. Well my spare key for my car is in my apartment,
and my spare apartment key is ALSO in my apartment. Great, I don't have
a way of getting into my car or into my apartment. "Just call your landlord."
Uh, landlord lives in Idaho Falls, and it is already after midnight.
I'll just walk towards town. maybe I'll run into someone I know. I start on my
merry way to find one of the less threatening parks. In a quiet neighborhood by
the university, I lay down on a lovely park bench. It's about 2:30 AM by now.
Finally starting to drift off, and at 3:15 AM I remember I have an exam that I
need to fax or scan and email to my professor. Due date was Sunday night at
11:55 PM. Okay it is 3 in the morning and I need to use a scanner...who do I call?
Luckily Lakota is an night owl and I can text me at any time and he will usually
be awake. He says I can come over and use his scanner. Medium story short, the
scanner doesn't work. He suggests I go over to ISU to one of the 24 hour labs.
And by 4:00 AM I get the exam scanned and submitted. Now time to wander back
to my park bench. By this time, my phone dies because I ended up leaving my
phone charger at Deleta.

I never thought I would experience sleeping on a park bench. It was oddly exciting.
Not knowing if I am gonna wake up and have all my stuff stolen, or wake up dead.
Now I can check that off my list.

Comments

  1. Jake why in the world didn't you stay at a friend's house?! A park bench? You could have been in so much trouble! I'm hoping you got your keys and once again can sleep in your apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well because it was so late and my phone was dead. I think it might be a little rude to show up at someones house at like 4 in the morning and pounding on the door. I was totally fine, not even touched.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Purest Mountain.

Your Kisses + Facial Hair.

PJ's