J'entends le Moulin.

Aaaaand Christmas is over. Not that I am actually excited about it being over, but I think it is time to move on with the rest of the year. Why so Not Christmasy? Well, lately Christmas has just been a big reminder that I am the different one in the family. We all get together for Christmas and when we are doing presents it is just so obvious that I am "different."

Mom: Okay, Jeff, Tyler, and Nick outside to the garage.
*They get up and go outside with Dad, and eyes shift to me*
I am not sitting in the livingroom with all the girls, just the girls.
*Enter the boys*
Tyler: Dude, Dad got us all extension ladders!!

Dad: And for my boys, here is some smoked goose jerky.
*Hands Jeff and Tyler goose jerky*

And it's not that I have use for an extension ladder, I mean I live in an apartment that all the maintenance is taken care of, but it would be nice to be recognized still as a son. Even though I know important skin care, how to apply makeup, fashion, and the latest in celebrity gossip, I am almost certain my dad doesn't realize that I STILL know how to fix my car, and STILL know how to use power tools and STILL know how to shoot guns and STILL know how to follow sports and STILL know how to roof a house and STILL know how to tie knots and start fires and STILL know how to jerry-rig pretty much anything.

Gah, just irritating.

Comments

  1. Jacob my love, perhaps you need to approach your dad about this. If you don't think he would be receptive to an up front conversation, perhaps you could assert that you're still his son in a roundabout way, like asking if you can go to the shooting range together. I'm proud that you are open with your parents about who you are. I'm sure it will continue to take time for them to come to terms with, but you have to address these issues as they show themselves otherwise, what was the point of you being open and honest about your sexuality? I love you buddy! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacob my love, I wish it was going a little better for you but I hope that you'll be able to work through the problems with your family. I know they love you, I just don't know if they know exactly how to deal with things because it's beyond what they've always known. I agree wit Sister Brittster that maybe you can do round about things to show that you are still one of the "boys." On an entirely different note, you wanna teach me how to put on my make-up properly? I want to learn how to be beautiful, as long shot as that may be. I hugs you Jake and send you love!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Purest Mountain.

Your Kisses + Facial Hair.

PJ's