That's A Fun Story.



Gosh I am just so adorable!

Finals are OVER!!! Woot! passed 4 classes with A's and definitely got a B in Language Development. Ugh. BUT I got that last word with Diane. Ha!! Call me a little dramatic, but during the final, I ended up walking out because it was just SO ridiculous. I didn't finish the test, left the last two pages blank and gave her a piece of my mind. Of course she had an in class final (after testing us online for the whole semester) and it was paper and pencil. Awful. In the last section of the test....

Diane,
I just wanted to thank you for giving us a piece of shit "study guide," if you can call it that. Not only was it a worthless outline of the class, but it send myself and several other students into a downward spiral. It would have been nice to have some direction, and hopefully, if you continue teach at Idaho State, you will learn to develop a true study guide to aid students in finding their way through the material. Not only was I and my fellow classmates dissatisfied with the lack of guidance, but your teaching style proved to be far to advanced for an entry level, introductory course. Although advanced, your teaching still seemed to be inadequate with respect to your ability to connect with your students. What do I know about teaching? Well, I know that no matter how smart a person is, if they cannot connect or relate to their student, they, being the teacher, would be no smarter than their student. In regards to your class, it is only an introductory class. If your goal was to make students hate their intended major, brava, you are definitely a professional.
Jacob Diller

After signing my name, I got up and turned the test in and walked out. Stupid? some out say yes. A little harsh? Maybe. Immature? Slightly. Should I have waited to fill out the teacher evaluation anonymously? Probably. BUT good thing I answered some questions. That way she has to give me credit for what I did, and the most damage to my grade will be a B- and I will take that.

Comments

  1. Bravo Jacob! After teaching at the collegiate level and THEN taking education classes, I have to say that I honestly believe that ALL college professors should be required to take an education class or two before they are allowed to teach. I hate how new professors have a tendency to rub their "status" in the faces of their students as opposed to helping them. Its a good thing you didn't do it anonymously, I think your comments will make more of an impact because you were bold enough to in a way say it to her face without hiding anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say bravo but I don't know if I would have done it. I hope she gets the point and you've helped future students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Purest Mountain.

Your Kisses + Facial Hair.

PJ's