Enamel. It's Kinda Plastic-y.

I am back at it again. Biking everywhere. It is so nice. Within the last
2 months, I have driven my car 4 times. Huzzah! It feels so good to be back out on the road, 
zipping passed all the cars that have to stop at stop signs :)



Night riding is my favorite. Of course I don't get to work on my tan
but it is really nice to ride on roads not crowded with cars. I get to take over
all the streets and do pretty much whatever I want. It is fantastic. 
There is the occasional idiot driver that yells at me, but 
little do they know I cat lonliness is at and an catch up to them faster than they think. 
I have only chased down 3 cars this summer, but I intend to get a few more
under my belt before the summer is over :]

Today I was shuffling through some old sheet music in my madrès basement 
and I found one of my favorite songs from high school.
"Peace I Leave With You My Friend"
Kinda sentimental. Brings back so many memories.

Peace I leave with you my friend.
Shalom, my peace in all you do.
Peace. I leave with you my friend.
I give to you so you can give to others too.

To share His love is why I came. 
To show His kindness to all men. 
Go now my friend and do the same,
until I come again.

With this love all men will know
that loneliness is at an end.
Rejoice my brother though I go.
For I will come again.

Peace I leave with you my friend.
Shalom, my peace in all you do.
Peace. I leave with you my friend.
I give to you so you can give to others too.

 It is just so cute and makes me really want to see all my high school
buds again. We used to sing it at the end of ever school year and at the
end of all the concerts during choir tour. The best part is at the very
last concert on choir tour, we all would get together, join hands and sing
it. Kind of one of those songs to bring the trip or the school year to and end.

But the best memory of this song is during graduation.
The choir would sing it and throughout the song, the seniors
would one by one walk away from the choir and go take their place
with the rest of the seniors. I can remember waiting until about half way through 
the song before I left. Reaching my place in the crowd of my classmates,
still singing :) ha. Just a really good song with a lot of great memories.
Thought I would share the lyrics with you all. I wish there was 
a recording of it out there, but I have yet to find one. 
The arrangement we sing is my favorite. When I do find one
or get some people together to record one, I will share it :)

Until Next Time. 


Comments

  1. I went to graduation this year (my little brother graduated) and I sang along when they had that part. I love that song. So good! :) Great memories for sure. Remember us always crying, like graduation was the end of the world. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake, I have the song from one of the concert CD's. I can send you a copy of the mp3!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Purest Mountain.

Your Kisses + Facial Hair.

PJ's