Don't Have Long Grain Rice.

Yesterday was definitely the work night from Hell.
Some of our customers were bat-shit crazy.
I dunno what was up, but everyone that came skating
seemed to have some kind of social-acceptability
disorder or something.

First customer was absolutely arrogant and a walking
definition of White Trash. The uncle of one of the
birthday boys comes up to me in the snack bar and tells
me that he would like to get another pizza for his party.
"Okay, that will be about 25-30 minutes."
"What? It takes you 20 minutes to order a pizza??!"
"I just got off the phone with Papa Murphy's and
placed an order of pizzas and they said we could come
and get the pizzas in about 20 minutes. So yes, 20 minutes."
"I could walk over there and get it myself in 5 minutes!!!"
...Next thing I know the man storms out, not allowing me to
tell him about the $4.00 Cooking Fee we have if you bring
your own pizzas in for us to cook...
He comes back throws his pizza at me
"See 5 minutes!! It doesn't take 20 minutes to pick up a
damn pizza."
"Okay, well in order for me to cook that pizza, we have a
$4.00 cooking fee."
"Just cook the damn pizza."
"I will cook your pizza when you pay the cooking fee."
...Points in my face...Grits his teeth...
"You.Will.Cook.My.Pizza."
"That'll be $4.00 sir."
...That delightful man then goes to the front counter
and demands to speak to the manage...Ha, little does
he know I AM THE MANAGER!! He thinks that he will go over
my head to the owner and get me fired...Wrongo.
Art comes in and basically tells me that what I did was
correct and if he had a problem with the way we run things
here, that he doesn't need to give us his business :)
Frack, I love it when I am right and my boss backs me up.

NEXT horrific incident, an awful lady with a horrid accent
that believes she owns the place. At the beginning of the
week, I showed her the building and the party rooms
and she was just terrible. Well she shows up with her
guests for the party...Walks right in, skips everything at
the front door. Blows everyone off, and shuts her party in
the party room. Whatever. She emerges from the room long
enough to come bitch me out about how she wants pizzas.
"Okay, would you like to start a snackbar tab?"
"Well isn't that what I decided on?"
"If you want one, you need to leave a card at the front
door."
"I want my pizzas in 20 minutes."
...and walks away, comes back...
"Oh and my daughter wants her slushie."
...okay birthday children get free sodas and slushies,
BUT THEY HAVE TO GET IT THEMSELVES. I am not here to
be your personal servant.
...I go in to deliver her pizzas and bring her daughter
her birthday cup, and tell her that she can go it herself
when she is ready for a slushie :) She follows me out of the
room and tells me that she needs 5 more slushies. Okay, whatever
I will get her the slushies and bring them into her.
I do and when Sara (my lovely friend I work with) and I
take in the slushies she looks at like
I-asked-you-to-bring-me-5-slushies-why'd-you-bring-me-5-slushies?
Really? Guuduh!!! You asked me to bring these into you.
Such an ungrateful person and I get so irritated.

Next few encounters are just stupid...
1. Get bitched out for putting ice in a FREE soda.
"Sorry, but we are required to put ice in our free sodas."
"WHY?!! That's stupid. I don't want ice."
"Well, it's free, so you can take it or not."

2. Get bitched out for a machine taking a quarter.
"I paid 50 cents and didn't get my mustache."
"Oh, those machines actually are not ours. There is
a customer service number on the machine. You can call it
and I know they will be happy to come and service the machine."

I am not sure what people are thinking...every January
people get so bitchy and have no respect for anything or
anyone. I hate this time of year just because of how rude people
are. I think it has to do with the fact that these people get
everything they wanted for Christmas and they feel like
they can get everything they want in every situation.
Excuse me people, this is Deleta, and now that I am managing,
the customer is NOT always right. If you are right, then you
are right...but 95% of the time, YOU ARE WRONG! But I would
gladly help you realize why you are wrong and what I can
do to help you not make the same mistake.

I love interacting with bitchy customers just because I can stay
calm. And I usually just smile as they try and rip me a new one,
and I don't take it. Sorry I am not a pushover. And I don't hand
out free shit just to make you happy. You can be like everyone
else and FOLLOW the rules or you can get the hell out of my
establishment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Purest Mountain.

Your Kisses + Facial Hair.

PJ's